Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fabulous Fabric!

Since refinishing my dining room table, I have been looking for the perfect fabric for the chairs.  I also wanted something that would pick up on the colors from the living room, as well, to keep the flow.  I FINALLY found what I was looking for!  Before I had gone through two different patterns and colors that just weren't right.  Shopping at one of my favorite stores, Tar-jay, some small napkins caught my eye.  After spending a lot of time looking for fabrics in Hobby Lobby and JoAnn, these little napkins jumped out at me because of their color.  They were more of a safflower yellow, which is what I wanted, and I loved the linen-ish texture to them as well.  For $9.99 for a pack of four, they were a bargain and would fit the size of my chairs perfectly!  I snatched them up and couldn't be more pleased with my find.

Here is the first fabric, before I really knew exactly what colors would be in my living room, etc.  I loved the color, and the funky geometric pattern.

Here is the second fabric I snagged at JoAnn, mostly because it was ridiculously cheap (and on sale) and was one of the only yellows in the store.  Unfortunately, it was way too canary yellow, and the fabric was very thin and cheap-looking on the chairs.

Napkin?  We have a winner!!!


2 comments:

Lareina said...

I can't believe that the napkin fit...that's amazing!

Sara said...

CUTE! I love the geometric patterns too! I would never have thought to use napkins. You are so good at this decorating thing!