Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dining Room Transformations...

First go around, I started off with a basic, small chandelier.  I loved how it looked in the store but once it was in the room, it just didn't look right.  The pale green that I once loved in my last kitchen was much greener in this space.


Next, I repainted the area in the same light khaki color that was in the living room.  This helped the spaces flow more and feel more cohesive.  I also tried a more neutral light fixture.  Lowe's gave me this one in exchange for the little chandelier.  Once again, it just didn't fit.


Finally, I found the perfect light fixture online.


In addition, I recovered the dining room chairs in new fabric and added some IKEA floating shelves along the wall.

AFTER
  
Before 1
Before 2

My next project will be refinishing and staining my dining room table and chairs.  The table is an antique and has really taken a beating through the years.  I'm looking forward to staining it a rich, expresso color. :)

4 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Wow! You are much, much braver than Tevo and me! We thought about buying a fixer upper, but then decided on a newly remodeled house instead. But the changes you have made are just plain awesome. When can we visit?! And when can you come to Dallas and pick paint colors for us? All of our walls are the exact same color. We keep intending to paint, but...yeah. Hasn't happened yet.

Tracy said...

Thanks Deals! You and Trevor are always welcome of course. I've already made some updates on the guest bedroom too! :) I really need to make a visit to see you guys too...can't believe I still haven't seen your new house!

Sara said...

Beautiful! You have a good eye for decorating! I love the new light fixture!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy! Lareina just told me that you have a blog and I just love all of the updates that you have made on your place! Looks like you have been working hard! Miss seeing you everyday and hope that you are doing well.