Saturday, January 1, 2011

New floors, paint, cabinet removal, and light fixtures galore!

Here is the first photo taken of my new flooring.  (Thanks Landers Flooring!)  SUCH an improvement from the stained concrete!  They also added white shoeing, so those are not the baseboards but a new molding addition.  The true color of the baseboards you can see on the door and peeking out from behind the shoe.  You can also see where I started to prime the walls.  Such professional work right? :)
Next, I started painting the trim and priming the walls.  I just love the contrast between the bright white and the rich colored floors!
I also began playing with colors to see what I liked best in the the kitchen/dining area.  It was between a pale green I used previously (left) and Restoration Hardware's silver sage. (right)
The carpet on the stairs was a huge improvement too.  So much safer!  (excuse the poor cell phone photography)
Then, I enlisted the help of my oh-so-handy friend Dave.  He helped me remove an entire cabinet in the kitchen and install light fixtures, ceiling fans, and fix some odd little parts in the house that were not working.  
Here is the cabinet coming down.


This guy deserves a cold beverage!

Light fixtures installed...
(We He installed 2 ceiling fans and 5 light fixtures total in my home.  There would be more to come.)
Before
After


Paint color selected...
(I went with the pale green because I used it in my last kitchen and loved it there.  The previous color was a bright avocado green in this room.)
The cabinets, doors and trim weren't painted white just yet.  
After painting the trim VERY carefully, I quickly realized how tedious a job painting trim is!  Sadly, my work did not resemble anything close to that of a professional.  I decided to hire painters to paint all the rest of the trim, doors, and a few rooms.

This was the outcome.
No more orange front door!

Silver sage paint in my bedroom.

Everything was finally painted and it was time for a nap!  (Duke beat me to it.)

*Many other rooms were painted but I was too exhausted to take pictures.  Future photos will show more.

3 comments:

Lareina said...

Welcome to Bloggerland!! So happy you have joined. I'm so impressed and inspired by your home improvement projects. The floors look great, the fireplace is amazing, and that cabinet removal was such a good idea to open up the whole room! Keep the posts coming!

Tracy said...

Thanks! I have had fun and have many more projects in the works. :)

Laurel said...

I love it! You are really doing a ton to your house!