Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Little Things

While I was enjoying the fresh paint on the walls and a much more open kitchen area, I started noticing all the little things.  Light switches were old, yellow, and stained and many electrical outlets were covered in old paint.  I decided it would be a quick fix to buy some new, white toggle switches and electrical outlets.  After my good friend Dave installed several, I learned how it was done and did many more.  Most of the downstairs was completed and the upstairs followed shortly.  Here's some before and afters.
Before
After


Installing these were pretty simple for the most part.  I just made sure the breakers were OFF before touching anything.  Manipulating the stiff wires was the toughest part of it.  Little things can make a big difference!

No comments: