Saturday, January 1, 2011

The List

I had quite a long To Do list upon move in back in July.  It was overwhelming to say the least!  A few important items on my list:
  • Remove all the popcorn ceiling.  Myself.  I spent many an hour researching and watching YouTube To Do videos on just this. Why hire someone when I was on summer vacation and was willing to get my hands dirty in exchange for some major money saved? 
  • Install hardwood floors throughout.  This would be professionally done and would cover all the existing concrete.  The stairs would be the only part I would opt for carpet instead. 
  • Paint all the trim and doors bright white.  They were a dingy, drab, gray color that just begged to be bright and clean.
  • Repaint most of the rooms in the house.  As you could see from the photos, there were some very bright colors and while I was already painting trim and doors, I should just get it all done at once.
  • Install doggie door for my two beloved four legged friends.  This would make them very happy and make my life easier. 
As you can see, my personality leans towards "all or nothing" and I was determined to get A LOT done in the first week.  BIG SHOCKER-this did not go according to plan.  

Long story short, there was not time before I moved in to have both the floors installed and remove the popcorn ceiling.  Popcorn ceiling removal was one thing I just decided to put aside for a later date. 

No comments: